Delhi Capitals – Team Profile
|Full Name||Delhi Capitals|
|Founded in Year||2008|
|Home ground||Arun Jaitley Stadium, New Delhi|
|Team owners||GMR Group (50%), JSW Sports (50%)|
|Prominent players||Rishabh Pant, Shreyas Iyer, Prithvi Shaw, Shikhar Dhavan, Ravichandran Ashwin|
|Theme Song||Blue with Red Shade Collar|
|Major Rivals||Roar Machaa|
|Logo||Blue colour with 3 tigers faces|
Delhi Capitals History
The Capitals haven’t performed as well as they could have, despite a strong IPL debut. They qualified for the playoffs as well, placing third after winning their group in 2012. However, they were last in 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, and 2018. Let’s quickly look at how ipl Delhi Capitals have done in each season since 2008.
2008: In the first season of the IPL, the Daredevils made it to the final four. In the semifinal match, DC lost to Rajasthan Royals.
2009: Dilshan, who had a strong swing, was one of the batters on the team. Together, Sehwag and Gautam Gambhir were the strength of the dc team. Even though the team did well in 2009, they lost to the Deccan Chargers in the semifinal. The DC squad was able to enter CLT-20.
2010: Dinesh Kartik was chosen to be the captain of the team. Overall, the team came in sixth.
2011: After more changes at the top, James Hopes took over as captain. The daredevils sat at the end of the table.
2012: Virender Sehwag was named as the new captain. Glenn McGrath was on the Delhi team, but he quit. Powerful batsmen like Ross Taylor and Kevin Pietersen were added to the team. Even though they lost the semi-final, the group came in third in the table.
2013: On the field, Mahela Jayawardene and Virender Sehwag get along well with each other. The team lost its first six games, which was not a good start. The team ended up in ninth place.
2014: The Daredevils did not keep any of the old Delhi Capitals players from the previous seven seasons. Once again, the DC team finished last.
2015: The group was criticised for a string of bad shows. Delhi Daredevils finished sixth this season.
2016: One of the new players that the team got was Rishab Pant. Zaheer Khan was chosen as the new captain. In the end, the DC team came in sixth place.
2017: Quinton de Kock and JP Duminy were both lost by the daredevils. The stand-in captain was Karun Nair. The team ended up in sixth place.
2018: Ricky Ponting was chosen as the team’s new head coach. Rishab Pant had a good season. The new Captain is Shreyas Iyer. The team’s name was changed to the Delhi Capitals. The dc team finished in eighth place.
2019: The team beat Mumbai Indians in their first game. After seven years, the Capitals made the playoffs and came in second place.
2020: The team got off to a good start, winning 7 of its first 9 games. They were very strong this year and had one of the best chances of winning the IPL title. The final was won by Mumbai Indians over Delhi Capitals.
2021: The dc team has had a good start and is in first place in the IPL table. The new captain is Rishab Pant.
2022: The IPL 2022 season hasn’t gone so well because there have only been seven wins and a lot of losses. David Warner, who scored 432 runs in 12 games and had a strike rate of 150.52, and Kuldeep Yadav, who took the most wickets for the DC team with 21 in 14 games, were the best players of the season.
Delhi Capitals Players List 2023
|Players Name||Players position||Nationality||Age|
|Rishabh Pant||WK-Batsman||India||25 years|
|Prithvi Shaw||Batsman||India||23 years|
|David Warner||Batsman||Australia||36 years|
|Sarfaraz Khan||Batsman||India||25 years|
|Yash Dhull||Batsman||India||20 years|
|Rovman Powell||Batsman||West Indies||29 years|
|Anrich Nortje||Bowler||South Africa||29 years|
|Kamlesh Nagarkoti||Bowler||India||22 years|
|Mustafizur Rahman||Bowler||Bangladesh||27 years|
|Lungi Ngidi||Bowler||South Africa||26 years|
|Khaleel Ahmed||Bowler||India||25 years|
|Chetan Sakariya||Bowler||India||24 years|
|Praveen Dubey||Bowler||India||29 years|
|Kuldeep Yadav||Bowler||India||28 years|
|Axar Patel||All-rounder||India||28 years|
|Mitchell Marsh||All-rounder||Australia||31 years|
|Lalit Yadav||All-rounder||India||25 years|
|Ripal Patel||All-rounder||India||27 years|
|Vicky Ostwal||All-rounder||India||20 years|
|Aman Khan||All-rounder||India||26 years|
|Ishant Sharma||Bowler||India||34 years|
|Phil Salt||Wicketkeeper||England||26 years|
|Manish Pandey||Batsman||India||33 years|
|Mukesh Kumar||Fast Bowler||India||29 years|
|Rilee Russouw||Batsman||South Africa||33 years|
Administration and Support Staff
|Head Coach||Stephen Fleming|
|Bowling Coach||Dwayne Bravo|
|Batting Coach||Pravin Amre|
|Strength and Conditioning Coach||Wayne Lombard|
|Team Doctor||Abhijit Salvi|
DC Fan Base
Even though Delhi has only been to the IPL final once and hasn’t won the title yet, their fans love and support their team, especially when they play their biggest rivals, the Chennai cricket team.
The Delhi Capitals team has both new players and coaches with a lot of experience, like Ricky Ponting. This makes it one of the most well-known IPL Delhi Capitals teams.
There are 3.3 million people who follow the Delhi Capitals team on Instagram, 2.4 million people who follow them on Twitter, and 8.1 million people who like them on Facebook. About 680k people have signed up to follow them on YouTube.
The list of DC Sponsors is as follows:
|Principal Partners||JSWAPL APOLLOOctaFX|
|Official Partners||BoATKotakBKTOptimum NutritionFan CodeFever FM|
DC Team Performance
|Year||Captain||Result||Top Batsman||Runs||Top Bowler||Wickets||Win %|
|2022||Rishabh Pant||5th||David Warner||432||Kuldeep Yadav||21||50.00|
|2021||Rishabh Pant||3rd||Shikhar Dhawan||587||Avesh Khan||24||62.50|
|2020||Shreyas Iyer||2nd||Shikhar Dhawan||618||Kagiso Rabada||30||52.94|
|2019||Shreyas Iyer||3rd||Shikhar Dhawan||521||Kagiso Rabada||25||62.50|
|2018||Shreyas Iyer||8th||Rishabh Pant||684||Trent Boult||18||35.71|
|2017||Zaheer Khan||6th||Sanju Samson||386||Pat Cummins||15||42.85|
|2016||JP Duminy||6th||Quinton de Kock||454||Chris Morris||13||50.00|
|2015||Kevin Pietersen||7th||JP Duminy||414||Imran Tahir||15||35.71|
|2014||David Warner||8th||JP Duminy||410||Imran Tahir||9||14.28|
|2013||Ross Tyler||9th||David Warner||410||Umesh Yadav||16||18.75|
|2012||Mahela Jayawardene||3rd||Virender Sehwag||495||Morne Morkel||25||68.75|
|2011||James Hopes||10th||Virender Sehwag||424||Morne Morkel||13||28.57|
|2010||Dinesh Kartik||5th||Virender Sehwag||356||Amit Mishra||17||50.00|
|2009||Gautam Gambhir||3rd||AB de Villiers||465||Ashish Nehra||19||71.42|
|2008||Virender Sehwag||4th||Gautam Ganbhir||534||Yo Mahesh||16||50.00|
Delhi Capitals Best Players
- Shreyas Iyer. Iyer didn’t play for a team other than Delhi in the IPL until 2022 when Kolkata Knight Riders picked him up. His numbers show why Delhi kept him: he scored 2375 runs in 87 games. He was the one they went to for steady hitting and good leadership skills, but he got hurt in 2021 and could only play in the second leg. Even though the captain can’t play in the IPL 2021 because of his back injury, fans are hopeful that he will heal quickly and do well in the ICC World Cup 2021. He became a member of the IPL 2022 team for Kolkata Knight Riders. Overall, Shreyas is a great captain with great skills, and it’s likely that after Virat Kohli, he’ll be the next captain of the Indian Cricket team.
- Rishabh Pant. Pant has scored 2838 runs, which is more than Iyer, Sehwag, or Dhawan. He is now the team’s all-time leader in runs scored. His strike rate of 147.96 and reputation as one of the most feared middle-order T20 batters have been even more impressive, even though he didn’t do much in the 2022 season. One of the best players on the Indian cricket team is Rishabh Pant. Rishabh Pant, the captain of the Delhi Capitals and an Indian wicketkeeper, was hurt in a car accident last December and is unlikely to play in the upcoming Indian Premier League (IPL) 2023. However, the Delhi Capitals team head coach, Ricky Ponting, wants Pant to be around his team and sit in the dugout with them. On December 30, 2022, Pant was in a car accident that left him very hurt. He will probably not be able to work for most of this year. The accident hurt three major ligaments in his knee. Two of them were fixed on January 7, 2023, and the third will be fixed in February.
- Shikhar Dhawan. Shikar Dhawan is the best opener for India and the player who has scored the most runs for ipl Delhi Capitals. And he’s the first player in the tournament to score two hundred in a row. Unfortunately, Shikar Dhawan went to the Punjab Kings team this year, which is DC’s rival. Since the 2013 Champions Trophy, he has done so well in world events that India calls him the “Man for ICC tournaments.” During the 2015 World Cup, he was India’s top scorer with 412 runs, including a couple of centuries and a half-century. This was one of his best games. Dhawan has been one of the most reliable players in the IPL, and he used to play for Delhi.
- Prithvi Shaw. Prithvi Shaw made a big splash in Indian cricket when he scored 546 runs for Rizvi Springfield in a Harris Shield game. Three years later, the batting prodigy scored a hundred in both his Ranji Trophy and Duleep Trophy debuts, just like his idol, Sachin Tendulkar. So far, Shaw’s best moment in cricket was when he led India’s U-19 team to their fourth World Cup title in New Zealand. Shaw hit 134 against the visitors at Rajkot to become the youngest Indian to score a century in his first Test. He kept up his great play in the IPL 2021 and destroyed the bowling attacks of the other teams with his powerful hitting at the top of the order. The Mumbaikar scored 479 runs in 15 games, which is a huge strike rate of 159, and was one of the top 10 run scorers in the tournament.
- Ajinkya Rahane. This DC team’s fifth star has gotten 105 runs so far in IPL 2019. This is his best score so far. Also, he has two hundred and twenty-eight fifties on his record. Counter Attacks have been some of Ajinkya’s most memorable hits for India. The World Cup match against South Africa in 2015 and the Lord’s Test in 2014 come to mind right away. You don’t have to look any further than his two hundreds in the IPL to see that he can do the same in T20 cricket. In 2012, he hit 103* against the Royal Challengers at a strike rate of 171.66, and in 2019, he hit an unbeaten 105 against us in just 63 balls.
Delhi Capitals DC FAQs
Who is the owner of Delhi Capitals?
Delhi Capitals is owned by GMR Group and JSW Sports. Each owns half of the team.
How many times have Delhi Capitals won the IPL?
The team has only been to the playoffs once and has never won the championship.
Which players will DC retain in 2023?
The names of the players will be on the list below for the new season of IPL 2023.
How many times was DC qualified for playoffs?
Delhi Capitals have underperformed during the IPL. Only five times in 14 IPL seasons have they reached the knockout rounds. Here’s another scenario. They have made one postseason appearance in their history.
Who is the captain of Delhi Capitals?
Rishabh Pant, who is a great player for India on the international stage, is the Team Captain of Delhi Capitals.