What Is Gaming Addiction?
Gaming addiction is an irresistible desire to gamble to such an extent that an addicted person cannot change his/her behaviour and stop even when they realize it negatively affects their lives. It’s vital to understand that gaming addiction is interpreted as a mental health condition and stands alongside other human addictions (e.g., drug addiction), and impulse-control disorders (such as kleptomania). In all of these cases, it is fundamentally a disorder of the brain’s reward centres, which creates an abnormal level of certain chemicals in the brain: addicts will experience an excess of dopamine when they play – thus creating a sensation of happiness and wellbeing – and on the other hand will suffer from its deficiency when they are unable to play, which lowers their mood and, over the long term, causing depression.
What are the Signs of Gaming Addiction in Adults?
Gaming addiction is the exact opposite of responsible betting. Its numerous effects can be rather pronounced and destructive, causing significant problems with work and relationships, or even threatening your well-being and leading to isolation. If you are experiencing any of the following manifestations, you may suffer from an addiction to gaming:
- thinking obsessively about betting, even when engaged in other activities;
- losing interest in previously meaningful and valued things or activities (such as your job, studies, relationship, hobbies, etc.);
- having long periods without satisfying the basic body well-being needs (sleeping, eating, etc.);
- treating betting as the way to escape unpleasant or difficult situations, anxiety and stress;
- noticing frequent displays of aggression, lying, detachment, which intensify when communicating with others;
- getting yourself into debt, or selling valuable assets, to keep funding your gaming habit;
- being unable to feel happy or relaxed until you can complete any betting-connected activities.
It is truly difficult to admit you have a gaming addiction, especially to face a bitter truth about yourself. Nevertheless, it is essential that accepting the issue is the very first step to recovery.
Fundamentals of Responsible Gaming
Genuine sports betting is supposed to be a thrilling experience, allowing you to escape the routine of your daily life and feel confident. But at the same time, it can also lead you down a dark path where you may lose the fundamental sense of reality.
Here at cricket-betting-online.in we are committed to responsible gaming, and thus made up a thorough guide that you can study to play safely.
- Bet what you can afford to lose. Always think ahead on how much money you are willing to use and how often you want to bet – in case you don’t want your funds evaporated in a flash. Have in mind that you’re here to enjoy, and not waste all your savings;
- Do not chase your losses. Whatever may be the case or your excuse, if you lose money, you shouldn’t go about trying to win it back. Your mindset will succumb to emotions and you will no longer be focused on your game plan. This does quickly turn into a devastating vortex of losses, diving you deeper into wasting money. You should forget the loss and focus on the present;
- Online gaming is not a form of income. Many gamblers mistakenly believe that they can make a living out of betting… Someday. Unfortunately, this concept usually works in the opposite direction, gradually leading them to serious gaming addiction. Bets are, in fact, a matter of luck, and the bookie will always have an advantage. You have to root this idea in your head that online gaming is not a form of income;
- Always play with a strategy. Every step you take, every bet you make, must be supported by well-founded, concrete reasoning. A betting strategy is a structured approach to gambling, in the attempt to produce a profit. You should consider the idea of bankroll management and make up a plan that will allow you to use your resources efficiently;
- Play with reputed and licensed operators. A nice thing here is that the majority of leading bookmaker operators from the European markets show a lot of interest in the Indian audience to attract new customers. These operators have been around for quite a long time and have earned an excellent reputation and authentic licenses issued by the leading authorities. Such trustworthy and remarkable representatives and full reviews of them are presented on our website;
- Do not bring your emotions to the table. It is very simple to make a hasty and thoughtless financial decision when you are really out of your mood. When you feel angry, upset, or annoyed, or just feeling bad mentally, betting won’t be a nice idea. It might look tempting to succumb to the adrenaline in your blood and place a wager to distract yourself from whatever is troubling you, but the result may be unfortunate for your pockets.
Track your online gaming habits. Analyzing your behaviour is a useful and necessary trait in modern life. A successful and professional player will always analyse his gaming manner – keep track of his wins and losses, money amounts, and even his mood. All this data will help you make more conscious decisions in the long term. It demands a little work, but the effort will be much more fruitful than just a blind bet.
Negative Effects of Gambling
Harm from gambling – isn’t just in losing money. Gambling to the same extent can affect your self-esteem, relationships, physical and mental health, work performance and social life. It can harm not only the person who gambles but also family, friends, workplaces and communities. Here are some signs of negative gambling effects you can look for.
- Finances. Of course, money is the first to flee the ship. A compulsive gambler quickly runs out of his funds and assets, gets into debts, or even comes to complete bankruptcy. Financial problems can even lead to banks and law issues, as some “gamblingholics” will resort to theft or other means in order to finance their habit;
- Mental Health. One of the most significant negative effects to recognize is the mental tension that gambling issues can put on a person. Changes in behaviour and well-being can provoke corresponding mental disorders, and the actions taken as a result of bad conditions can cause troubles in important relationships or threaten a person’s career. Compulsive gambling can also lead to depression or even suicide.
Relationships. A gambling addiction can also leave its dirty imprint on the people closest to the addict. According to statistics, families of those who are suffering from this type of behaviour are more likely to experience child abuse or other forms of domestic or emotional violence.
How to Overcome Gaming Addiction in India?
It’s great to do things you enjoy. But what if you went too far with a hobby? There are many ways in which a compulsive gambler may find treatment, but it’s only up to a person to recover and change.
- Therapy and Counselling. The most effective component to treating a gambling problem appears to be psychotherapy. With the help of a trained professional, counselling has a relatively high success rate in improving problem behaviours. One reason why this approach may be particularly successful is the fact that many individuals who have a gambling addiction often have another psychiatric problem. This means that in addition to treating the addiction, a psychologist or psychiatrist may be able to help with related mental health issues;
- Medical Treatment. While no medications have been specifically manufactured to treat gambling addiction, some have shown promise in reducing the urge to gamble and the feelings of excitement that come while betting. These include antidepressants, anti-seizure medications, medications that have been used to address other addictions, and certain SSRIs.
Group Support and Self-Help. Another outstanding resource for those with gambling problems is Gamblers’ Anonymous (GA). In conjunction with psychotherapy, GA has shown amazing results, helping many recovering people by allowing them to talk about their challenges and experiences with others who have gone through similar situations. Self-help efforts and peer support systems also do a great job in assisting the recovery.
If you feel that betting becomes a hindrance to your life rather than a form of entertainment, we want to stimulate you. First, please answer the following questions to yourself:
- Do you spend a lot of time and energy on betting, or constantly think about gambling matters while engaged in your working duties or other activities?
- Does playing cause you to neglect your own welfare or that of your family?
- Do you often play until your last rupee is gone? Have you ever borrowed money or sold anything to finance your playing?
- Are you in the habit of chasing your losses after your bad bets?
- Has gaming caused you to deal with anxiety, depression, and health problems? Have you ever considered self-destruction or suicide as a result of your playing?
- Have people around you told you that you have a problem with gaming? Do you feel bad about your playing habits?
If you answered “Yes” to several of these questions, we encourage you to not let everything take its course and contact the appropriate specialists for help. Remember that self-awareness is the key to a long and exciting life of betting. So always gamble responsibly.
Mission Statement of CRICKET-BETTING-ONLINE.IN
Cricket-betting-online.in strives to assist and protect players who are at risk of the potential negative effects of gaming, offering reliable and informative guidance on responsible gaming, practical tips and only licensed and trusted sportsbooks reviewed.